Today I am going to share details of Maybelline's Colorsensational Lip Gradation Lipsticks.There are eight shades available in India.I picked two of them namely Mauve1 & Fuchsia1.
Dimethicone Crosspolymer,BHT,Alumina,Sybthetic Fluorphlogopite,Calcium Sodium Borosilcate,
Tocopherol,Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate,Tin Oxide
[+/- May Contain : CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE,CI 15850/RED 7 LAKE,CI 45410,
RED 28 LAKE,CI 19140,YELLOW 5 LAKE,CI 77491,CI 77492,CI 77499/IRON OXIDES
,CI 15850/RED 6,MICA,CI 75470/CARMINE,CI 77163/BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE,
CI 45380/RED 21,CI 77742/MANAGANESE VIOLET,CI 77740/BRONZE POWDER,
CI 77740/COPPER POWDER,CI 45410/RED 27 LAKE,CI 42090 BLUE 1 LAKE,
CI 47005 /YELLOW 10 LAKE ]
Mauve1: Brown-nude shade apt for medium skin-tones.Brown shade with slight peach undertones.It's a MLBB shade for me.This shade can be used everyday.
Fuchsia1: It's a really bright but,wearable fuschia pink shade.Pink with purple kind of undertones!This shade can be used ocassionally. But,I wear it as and when I feel like. :)
In Pic : Swatches of the lip-crayons/lipsticks
Left to Right : Fuchsia1 & Mauve1
- The product comes in a cylindrical , twist-up tube-packaging.
- The tube has product at one end and the lip-gradation sponge-blenat the other end
- The end that holds the lip-crayon has a matte black pull-up cap/lid
- The end that holds the sponge-smudger has a transparent lid closure to secure the sponge
- The ingredients,quantity,shelf-life etc are mentioned on the outer-transparent sheet that covers the lipstick tube.Once,you throw it,all the info will be lost!
- The shade name is mentioned at the bottom(sponge smudger-side) of the lipstick in this collection
- The colour of the lipstick-tube matches the lipstick-shade that it holds
- In case we have more than one lipstick from this collection,it will be easy to locate in the stash
- Sturdy & travel-friendly packaging
In Pic : Lip-gradation lip crayons : product at one end and
sponge-smugder on the other end
In Pic : Close up of the lipsticks
In Pic : Bottom of the lip-crayons showing the shade names
- Very smooth and soft lip-crayons
- Very pigmented.In one swipe we get rich and full colour payoff!
- The lip-crayons in the Lip Gradation range have a matte-finish
- Velvet matte finish of the lipsticks is to die-for.They glide on very smoothly onto the lips without tugging.
- Product is fragile in nature and can break easily in the tube
The lip-crayon have no fragrance.That's good.
- These lip-crayons/lipsticks are very pigmented and cover the pigmentation on the lips very well
- These lipsticks are really very comfortable to wear.
- Not at all heavy or un-comfortable on lips
- These lip-crayons don't bleed,flake or feather
- Don't sit into the fine lip-lines
- Don't moisturize the lips as such , but,didn't experience any dryness either.
- Not Transfer-proof.Transfers a little to the cutlery
- Not smudge-proof.will get smeared easily
- Product can be easily removed using a good makeup remover
- I am yet to try the lip-gradation soft sponge-smudger for an ombre lip-look.But,yes we can use this to tone-down the shade if needed.
In Pic : Sponge-smudger cushion blender attached to the lipstick tube
LongevityLasted on my lips for about five hours and survived both heavy any light meals.
Both the shades leave a slight stain behind on the lips.
- Quantity is less as compared to the price that we pay.A bullet lipstick(by Maybelline) contains more than 1.25g and costs around INR 299
- Shade range is restricted to reds and pinks.Hope they add new shades to this collection.
- Dry patches might be easily enhanced by these lip-crayons in case we don't prep-up the lips.
Will I re-purchase?
Rating : 4/5
Tip : Please exfoliate you lips beforehand and apply a lip balm,then wipe-off the excess and apply lip gradation liptick
Check out the product here:
Follow the brands here:
Please follow me on Instagram and Facebook and subscribe to YouTube channel: GlamNGlaze
Instagram ID: glamnglaze
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/glamnglaze-1627912000839111/